Geelong Tech School programs
School teachers are integral to our partner school program delivery therefore we have provided a seamless process enabling schools to participate. The Geelong Tech School programs are free to all partner schools and include the following:
- Transport (organised by the Geelong Tech School) to and from the school
- A full package of learning resources
- Additional support for programs and teachers
- Access to technology and equipment
Our programs are packaged as cross-curricular projects with specific links to Science, Technology, Systems Engineering, Maths curriculum areas. Our programs include additional resources such as relatable tasks resource links, Curriculum mapping documentation and Capabilities curriculum.
The Geelong Tech School programs contain open-ended challenges and relevant scaffolding ensuring they are applicable to the ages and stages relatable across different curriculum and learning levels.
We also offer flexibility to tailor the programs to specific or desired outcomes. Our Tech School staff are available to accommodate these requests.
The Geelong Tech School has four program models with a number of programs available in each.
We have nine different cross-curricular core programs relating to all areas of the school curriculum. Our Core Programs are immersive learning programs able to be facilitated in the partner school and at the Geelong Tech School with access to technology, equipment, and expertise. Within the programs, a challenge is pitched by a local industry to inspire students to use STEM skills, design thinking, and technology as a vehicle to propose a solution able to be applied to real-life issues. Teachers are fully supported through PD opportunities and an extensive suite of resources including access to expert Tech School facilitators.
Our Tech Tasters are a snapshot of applied learning focussed on a technology, using design thinking to work on a ‘brief’ to create an outcome (prototype) in one day at the Tech School.
The Tech School have a range of one day ‘Taster’ Programs to:
- Develop skills using design and technology through participating in an activity or challenge
- Promote the applications of technology and possibilities for educational use
- Introduce and familiarise schools with the Geelong Tech School facility
- Promote the importance of STEM for future work opportunities
Design to Thrive
A fully immersive 5-day Design Thinking program. Throughout the program, students will explore a range of technology options and participate in industry visits while working through the design process to address challenges linked to the industry culminating in students presenting their outcomes.
At the Tech School we believe in creating an inclusive environment that develops skills and builds confidence in STEM learning.
Our Inclusion Programs are:
- 3 hours in length, allowing flexible break times
- Smaller class sizes with hands on learning
- Flexible outcomes with individual learning journeys