Geelong Tech School is always keen to hear from industry representatives who see an opportunity in collaborating to work with schools and the young people in our region.
Tech Schools Value Proposition
- An investment in the future workforce – Link with education and highlight skills required and pathways to emerging and evolving industries.
- A source of insight and innovation – access to over 20,000 creative and curious minds in the Geelong region
- Access to leading expertise and technologies – A STEM hub for schools and industry to explore, collaborate and use with respect to programs and STEM possibilities in the Geelong region
- A commitment to the community – Strengthen students’ employability through opportunities to work on real world problems and provide support for teachers and young people who will drive future economic success
- An opportunity to develop brand and industry support – opportunity to influence awareness and public perceptions
Partnership opportunities with Geelong Tech School
Geelong Tech School staff will work with each partner with reference to the partner’s capacity and desire to be involved.
Possible options include:
- Provide real world scenarios for applied learning. Develop realistic briefs/challenges/case studies for students to engage with.
- Collaborate in the design of teaching programs Shape learning programs to incorporate contemporary practices. Ensure students learn the required skills in context.
- Support professional development for teachers. Share latest knowledge of industry. Inform to create authentic and relevant programs.
- Committee representation. Provide a voice from industry, advice and connections through representation on the Geelong Tech School Committee
- Promote careers awareness. Share information on career opportunities and pathways within your industry.
- Create networks and connections. Initiate regional development opportunities.
- Share resources. Provide data and workplace information to use as resources.
- Host worksite visits. Immerse students/staff in the workplace environment to gain a perspective of the industry/business.
- Competition sponsorship. Provide incentives or prizes for student competitions.
- Industry events in the Tech School. Hold meetings, displays, staff functions, community events in the Tech School facility.
- Local School connection. Support the Tech School program in the local secondary school.